Pagina's

donderdag 5 april 2012

Uit het hart van een nabestaande van de Decembermoorden 1982 Suriname

Een van de nabestaanden
Cathrin Jüdell

Beste FB vrienden: Dit is een posting van mijn jeugdvriendin, Esmeralda Wijngaarde wiens vader, Frank Wijngaarde, vermoord werd op 8 december 1982, Dear dad, i was 13 when you came to my ballet class and hugged me goodbye. You knew it was your last day on earth and i am forever grateful that i got to see you, hold you, smell you. As little as i was, i made sure your body was buri...ed in surinamese soil and not shipped to holland. For the years following all our phone conversations were tapped, but we stayed; all our postal mail was opened, but we stayed. We had to leave the house sometimes in the middle of the night due to threats, but we stayed. Even when we were told that i wasn't welcome at the university because i was the daughter of a traitor, we stayed. But i went and took classes anyway (mom begging me daily to watch my words). Wild horses could not drag me away from your and my beloved Suriname. I really tried to stay true to your values and vision. I never let intimidation get to me. I never let hatred and bitterness into my heart. I even watched your drinking buddies from "het park" hug bouterse and offer him a drink at a party that i attended. But when bouterse walked towards me, i walked away, while everyone stared in silence.I stayed through it alI. i eventually moved away, but my heart was always in Suriname. But dad, i cannot bear this cross any longer. I am tired. And today, i'm letting go. I'm letting go of all the memories, all the emotions, and am cutting all ties to your beloved suriname. I won't visit anymore, it's too painful...farewell suriname....may god's blessings be upon you...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten